Roulette is one of the most popular table games in online casinos. Whether you want to play roulette for free or for real money, you can trust our roulette casino recommendations. Also, learn how to play different versions of the game, from live to European roulette.
You can start playing free online roulette games immediately, without downloading or registering. You can have fun playing roulette and experience the different variants without any commitment. Playing free online roulette games is also great for practicing your strategy and honing your skills before placing your bets online.
Casino Roulette Variants
When you choose to play roulette online, you can take advantage of a variety of different game variants offered by any quality online casino. Popular roulette variants include European roulette, French roulette, American roulette, and online specific versions of multi-ball and multi-wheel roulette. You can even choose live roulette games to recreate the magic of the casino at home. Let’s take a closer look at the main variants and their different layouts.
- European roulette – a variation that offers the best player odds. The absence of double 0 on the European wheel reduces the casino advantage compared to the American roulette.
- American Roulette – widely considered to be the standard variant of the game, it has a single 0 and a double 0 on the reels, giving it a higher house edge compared to other versions.
- French Roulette – In French Roulette, there are no double 0 on the reels, however, there are two additional rules to be aware of; En Prison and La Partage.
- 3D Roulette – As the name suggests, this is where players have the opportunity to enjoy 3D online roulette games. These games use unparalleled graphics and are very realistic.
- Mini Roulette – In Mini Roulette, the reels are smaller, with a maximum of 12 numbers and a 0. There is an additional rule that if the ball lands on a 0, half the player’s bet is returned.
- Live Dealer Roulette – Let you enjoy the relaxation and excitement of online gaming while having the fun and interaction of a real dealer. You can interact with a dealer who can hear and respond to you. This is a great option if you play online roulette at home but still want to interact socially at a land-based casino.
What are the odds of roulette
The odds of a roulette bet indicate your chances of winning the bet. For example, in American roulette, since there are 38 numbers, the odds of hitting a single number on a straight bet are 37 to 1. However, the casino only pays 35 to 1 on winning bets, and the same odds are paid on combination bets. This is due to the bookmaker’s advantage, where the bookmaker keeps a percentage of all bets for himself. The odds are usually shown as a percentage, and the payout is shown as a ratio to the bet you place.